Wednesday, September 05, 2007

He Wishes I Wasn't Here

On the advice of friends I have traveled back across the country to Opal City, where I'm planning on hiding away for a while.

Know that this city perplexes me, with it's very un-Gothamlike architecture and it's mysterious lack of suburbs. It's admittedly creepy, but then, not so bad as having a vengeful crusader ghost haunt your every waking moment. (St. Dumas be praised!)

When I arrived in town I looked up the Shade, to see if he'd let me crash at his place for a few days. Like myself, he's one of those guys that straddles the line between heroism and villainy. So I figured we might have a few things in common.

Not so much.

The Shade was immediately dismissive of me, even when I explained that I was one the run from forces too terrible to comprehend. In fact, once I had the whole story out he seemed quite annoyed that I might in fact have brought those unspeakable forces along to "his city."

I knew immediately then that we weren't going to get along. I know another guy who's always going on about a certain city being "his city." Pfff, Like the rest of us can't be vigilantes there just because he is.

Anyway, the Shade told me to get out of town and then threw me out a fifth story window. Of course, I survived, and I'm currently hanging out in an abandoned bus station. Not sure where I should go next, though...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

You didn't change your outfit first, did you?

Do not visit the Shade "in costume". It is frowned upon.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could ask the Opal police commissioner Clarence O'Dare. He's usually welcoming to new superheros (he let that loser Black condor hang around for crying outloud) and he's willing to pay vigilantes to fight crime for him. At the very least you could probably get a free meal.

If that doesn't work out you could try moving to Vanity, now there's a place that REALLY needs a superhero.

Or y'know, you could just stop running and try fighting those forces that're chasing you. I'm just saying if you can beat Batman in a fair fight (which you have) you can probably take these guys. Good Luck!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Have you tried Baltimore?

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you considered Lexor? Ya know the whole planet devoted to Lex Luthor.

If you moved there then you would always be busy dispensing justice. (And wouldn't that keep St. Dumas and your pops happy?)

Or you could try Earth 8. Just a thought....

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Derek said...

Sally might be on to something.

I hear tell that Baltimore's crime rate has skyrocketed ever since Detective Munch left for New York. They could use anoth... er, a vigilante.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home