Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Iron and Gold

Greetings loyal readers. I, Doctor Polaris, have returned.

You may wonder where I have been for the past few weeks. It is, after all, a valid question. Some of you may assume that I have been on vacation just as the gracious proprietor of this blog has been. But know this: villainy never takes a vacation.

Rather, I have been traveling through time. This is not in and of itself unusual. After all, my torrid, 31st century affair with the Emerald Empress is a matter of public record. But this time, Polaris has not scoured the time stream for love... He has scoured it for revenge.

Indeed, I seek the interminable Booster Gold so that I might slay him. The fact that he has received his very old solo series fills me with fiery rage! While I and others like me languish in obscurity, Booster Gold is given his own solo series? Truly there is no justice in the world. Or injustice, as the case may be.

But Booster Gold is as unctuous as a Japanese eel. Whenever I think I have him within my magnetic grasp he eludes me. But I will find him. And I will destroy him. Though I admit that he is a convenient target upon which to take out my frustrations, that is not my sole reason for attempting to end his life. If I kill one of the the stars of 52 they won't be able to ignore me any more.

And I'm not sure even I could take on Black Adam. So Booster Gold it is.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

My dear Doctor Polaris.

While I understand your ire, must you direct it at Booster Gold? He's so pretty...and shiny. Please direct your wrath towards that abomination that is Snapper Carr instead.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus, Jonah Hex is a friend of Booster's now.

Not a man you want to irritate.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Derek said...

Doctor Polaris? I have a... delicate question to ask.

If, say, there was a violent, insane super villian who would sooner kill me than look at me, and he or she said something like "his very old solo series" when he - OR SHE - clearly meant "his very own solo series".

How should I mention this... "grammar faux pas" without having all the iron in my blood solidifying in my brain?

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Sally - He's on my list.

Anonymous - Indeed.

Derek - I am glad you have come to me with this. The best method -- and perhaps the *only* method -- of bringing this to light without suffering a painful death would be to phrase it in the form of a hypothetical.

By doing so you allow this " violent, insane super villian" to save face while at the same time preserving your own pitiful life.

I hope that answers your question.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh Doc Polaris, you don't think you could take Black Adam? I mean, I guess it would be pretty humiliating to suffer Psycho Pirate's fate, worse than getting killed by an octegenarian human-hand grenade even...

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

I'm afraid you'll find Booster Gold a poor target for your powers, Dr. P...

he's plastic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home