Sunday, December 23, 2007

Look to the Skies

So I hear tell they're making a Justice League of America movie. I'll believe that when I see it on screen and not a moment before. Of course, it could be happening. I'll admit I know nothing at all about it. I'm one of those people who avoids reading about movies and watching trailers. I avoid them like the plague. I hate being spoiled.

So, forgive me if my idle speculation is completely moot. I was just thinking about who the villain should be in this hypothetical JLA movie. I know what I would do if I was making a Justice League movie. It's pretty elemental, after all.

See, I'd start with a bunch of lesser supervillains organized into some sort of "Injustice Gang." Guys like Captain Cold, Metallo, and Doctor Polaris (who is in no way a "lesser" supervillain). There'd be some throwdowns, a few cool scenes involving the various heroes facing off against their respective adversaries. And then, for the big finale, it gets revealed that there's one big thing driving it all: STARRO!

Who would be better for a big screen over-the-top JLA film? A giant, super-intelligent, space-faring, mind-controlling alien starfish! Just try and tell me that the prospect of Starro the Conqueror tearing it up in IMAX doesn't make you weak in the knees. It would be glorious

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It would be FABULOUS! Which of course, is why they wouldn't do it.
*sigh*

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have a freshly-stranded Martian Manhunter meeting other heroes while uncovering various cults, conspiracies and other strange occurrences (with running subplots for the individual heroes) and have them all team up at the end when the ultimate threat is revealed to be Starro.

A little derivative of the New Frontier, but I think it could work.

I would see a sequel with the Satellite-era League, with a plot inspired by the Cadmus arc from JLU (Waller and Luthor using the Suicide Squad against the League)

A third movie featuring the comedic JLI (possibly with Despero as the villain. I'm not sure what would work)

And a fourth movie featuring Morrison's crazy, jam-packed JLA. And although I know it would never happen, some of the weirdo 90's designs for the characters; like Electro-Superman, harpoon-handed Aquaman, etc. (I'm just picturing an audition scene where a Warriored-up Guy Gardner tells them they all look ridiculous)

All of the movies would have a different Lantern (Hal, John, Guy, then Kyle).

I tried to come up with something for the Justice Society, but the plot got ridiculously complex. When I thought of the idea of Vandal Savage genetically engineering the Primate Patrol using DNA cultivated from Gorilla City, I knew I was going too far. Plus, the scene where the Spectre forces Hitler to endure all the pain he caused others (driving him to shoot himself) just seemed like it was in bad taste.

Uh, sorry about all that. I'm in a strange mood today.

-Phil

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Yeah. Starro.

If it's not Starro, I mean, what's the point?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home