Monday, January 28, 2008

Alternate Possibilities

On the advice of friends I have taken some time off to plot. Revenge, mostly. But I've also been doing some gardening.

My point is this: I needed a break from the workaday world to mull over the fact that I have been replaced. Or at least, it seems that I have been replaced. Some of my closest confidants have come up with another, more disturbing possibility: It was me all along.

It is true that this new, mysterious "Polaris" has a slightly different costume from my own. And that he has disparaged my name. But consider this: I have, in the past, had a penchant for developing dangerous, psychotic, alternate personalities.

Though that's usually a laugh, at the moment I am not amused. For if this is correct, then that means that I am out there without my knowledge committing heinous crimes. And I'm not even conscious to enjoy it.

Therefore I take this personality to task: face me, "Polaris." Any time, anywhere. You may be the one in the pages of JLA... But I'm the one who spent all those years in medical school. So bring it on.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I...I'm torn! Is the "new" Polaris actually the "real" Dr. Polaris? Frankly, I think that the universe is a better place with Dr. Polaris in it. You just have so much panache,and the world has been sadly lacking in panache lately.

Or is the new Polaris just a cheap knockoff? A confrontation is indeed in order.

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too true...I mean,if you have another persona time-sharing your body,he should AT LEAST respect your personal space...sort of..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home