Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Next Weekly

Well, Kurt Busiek is going to be leaving Superman in a few months. With a few exceptions, I've really enjoyed the work he's done on the book. He's taken classic stories and ideas from Superman's past and woven them together into genuinely entertaining stories for the modern day.

But I'm not too sad. All signs point to Kurt Busiek being the brains behind DC's next weekly series. And if DC works out the kinks that were in Countdown, I think it'll be a lot of fun. Especially since the rumors say that Superman will be playing a big role. And Busiek on more Superman is always a good think to me.

I have trouble imagining comics now without a DC weekly. So I really hope they keep it up. But this time, I imagine it'll be a lot more like the success of 52. Undoubtedly the story will be self contained and much more focused. If it's true that it's going to be about Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman, then it'll probably focus only on them.

If we're lucky, it'll have a feel similar to Keith Giffen's Four Horsemen mini. That was a fun story about the Big Three working together -- but each in their own way -- to take down the bad guys. I'd certainly be willing to see more of that.

And take notes, Mr. Busiek: more of Batman slapping Snapper Carr couldn't hurt...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Yes because Batman slapping someone around for being disrepectful to mutual friend Superman and using his first name is always good. No wait its just more Bat-dickery which is boring and so last decade...

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well gee, Snapper Slapping ALWAYS makes me more cheerful. It doesn't have to be Batman doing it either. Fun for the whole family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home