Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Secret Origins

As you well know, Geoff Johns is retelling Hal Jordan's origin. Again. This isn't the first time that Hal's origin has been retold. Or the second. Or even the third. But this version is probably going to be a little different from the previous version.

Specifically, it'll be full of retcons! We all know how much Geoff Johns loves retroactive continuity. So the heart of this "Secret Origin" is probably going to be a lot of things that we actually don't know about Hal -- because they never happened before.

There will undoubtedly be a tightening up of the friendship between Sinestro and Hal, as Johns has really been playing that up. For me, that friendship just reiterates what an idiot Hal Jordan really is. I mean, jeeze... How bad of an idea is it to become friends with a guy named "Sinestro"? I don't know anybody named "Evilor" or " Doomerina." But if I did, I wouldn't make an effort to become friends with them...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Aw c'mon. You make it sound like a retelling of Hal's origin is a BAD thing. For one thing, it is going to have Ivan Reis back on the art, and that is always lovely. I'm also rather pleased that Geoff seems to be making Sinestro into such a much more interesting character, than simply as a "villain". Sinestro actually thinks of himself as a good guy, and it makes it all so much more compelling.

Besides, as much as I make fun of him, I LIKE Hal.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

What do you mean you wouldn't be friends with a guy named Sinestro? I have a friend named Adolf Evilor Dommerina and I don't hold it against him....

Maybe Sinestro in his native language is like John or Jesus?
Did you think of that?

Just kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home