Friday, April 18, 2008

Whaaaaat?

Okay, I've got to admit; this really threw me for a loop.

I mean... Really? Mortal Kombat? And DC? Those don't exactly seem like the greatest fit in the world.

Still, I remember somewhat fondly how in days of yore I would travel to yonder arcade "Aladdin's Castle" in the far flung "Sandburg Mall." In those hallowed halls we fought for turns to play at Mortal Kombat II.

I wouldn't say those were my best moments.

We now come to many years later, when to me comic books have superceded games (though they still hold a place in my heart). How is a geek such as myself to react? As it is, DCU games are few and far between. So it is likely that if this game is any good I will seek it out, like a man in the desert desperate for water.

You see, they make a lot of Marvel video games. They almost all suck, but that's beside the point. There are a lot of them. So I imagine a couple of them are not so bad. But DC games are rare as can be. So a gamer/comic fan such as myself as to take what he can get...

That's assuming the whole thing isn't some sort of joke.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Marvel vs. Capcom was great. Don't be a hater!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Oh, I'm not hating at all. Truth be told, I'm sort of excited about the whole thing. Just... A bit skeptical.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

One thing I'm hearing now is that this won't have any of MK's signature Fatality enders. I guess DC/Warner Bros doesn't want Batman being shown having his arms ripped off by Reptile. That's probably not something that will make the game appeal to the MK fandom...

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger mattcd42 said...

I just can't imagine the DC heroes in a Mortal Kombat game. None of the main DC characters are killers, and all the Kombat characters are, thus the fatalities. Plus all the blood doesn't fit with DC heroes they are more about bruises.

I say this is one game I'll be avoiding.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Derek said...

Yeah, I'm not big into fighters, but I'll be picking this one up because - as you say - DC games are just so rare.

Also, I have to defend Marvel a little bit. Their games don't "almost all" suck. The Spider-Man games are a lot of fun, and I love the X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance games.

In fact, I wish DC would just rip off that game system for themselves (after all, Marvel ripped it off some dungeon crawler, if I'm not mistaken), because Justice League: Heroes just didn't cut it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home