Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Still Existing

Still in vacation mode here, friends. But I just wanted to let you all know that I yet live -- and still I think of comics.

Oh, how my mind considers the consequences of the Human Flame. Oh, how my mind wanders on the return of characters said (but not believed) to be unreturnable. And oh my God how my mind wanders on the fact that I'm tired of waiting for Final Crisis to arrive.

I will admit that I am a sucker for the big events. I love them. This is one of the (many) reasons why DC has always had more of an allure for me than Marvel. The big events in DC are big. Really BIG. This is not to say that Marvel doesn't do Big Events (I hear this "Secretive Invasion" has some scope to it).

But DC's events (usually) span multiple worlds, involve dozens of heroes, bring about death and destruction on an awesome scale, and end civilizations. And call me crazy, but I find that fun.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Uh...yeah, when DOES that Final Crises stuff start to come out? Why is it always at the END of th month?

*sigh*

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Yeah, it really is

"the DC Universe"

versus

"the Marvel Manhattan".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home