Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Final Crisis #3

Okay, I'm going to try to keep this spoiler free... As some of you probably haven't read this yet. But what the hell happened in Final Crisis #3? Holy crap, that was insane.

There were about a billion things in that comic that I'm not sure I understood. That is, I understood them. But not necessarily their significance. Do y'all know what I mean? There's clearly more going on than there seems to be on the surface.

And despite that cover, I wasn't really expecting that last page. I mean, sure, they told us this was going to happen. But it still seems unreal when you're staring it in the face. The big question is: where do we go from here?

Oh, and also: Aquaman! That is all.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Aquaman AND Barry!

This is starting to get very interesting.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Interesting indeed... And it would seem that this Aquaman is *not* the same as SoA Aquaman. Which makes me warm and fuzzy inside. :-)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Yeah, I wasn't ready for Uberfraulein at all... .

Although I was completely prepared for the last page. Morrison has done nearly this exact thing before: small clutch of heroes return to Earth to find out it's been taken over by Darkseid.

You know, now that Darkseid's been allowed to finally win whatever the heck he thinks he's winning, when it's all blown over, we really don't ever need to hear any more from him and his ilk ever again.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Yeah, I guess I sort of *did* expect that last page. I guess I just wanted to tell myself that I *didn't* expect it. That's self-delusion for you.

And yes indeedy, I would like to never see the New Gods for a LONG time after this is all over. They've been hashed and rehashed so many times already...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home