Friday, March 27, 2009

Looking Good

Have you seen these gorgeous sketches of Renee Montoya as the Question? Go take a quick look and then come back here to hear me gush.

Ready? Good.

Holy crap, those are phenomenal. To me, it looks as though Renee's getting her own look as the Question rather than simply apeing the look of Vic Sage. The hat and the clothes look just slightly different in Cully Hamner's art. But this new look really seems to fit Renee better than anything has so far.She looks comfortable in those sketches. I haven't seen her look comfortable in a long time.

I also love the short hair. Greg Rucka is exactly right: it makes sense that if she's going to be fighting in the thick of things she'd keep her hair short. It follows along with the same reason why Aquaman should keep his hair cut short. You've got to dress for the occasion.

Look's like the Question is doin' fine.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Wonderful!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I like Cully Hamner, and I like those sketches.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

I agree the new look is great. I always thought she looked odd as the Question with long hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home