Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Batman Predictions

I understand that the identity of the new Batman may have been revealed. I have no interest in spoilers, so I haven't taken a look yet. But before the whole thing accidentally breaks lose and someone ruins it for me I though that I should probably go ahead and give my predictions for the end of Battle for the Cowl.

At the end of it all we'll have the books Batman and Robin, Batman, and Red Robin. I think it's pretty obvious that Red Robin will be Tim Drake. It's true that Jason Todd once wore that mantle, but the most recent person to carry it was Tim Drake. And the solicitation description describes a character who is acting far more like Tim Drake than Jason Todd.

Batman and Robin is Grant Morrison's baby. So I think the identity of that "Robin" will probably be Damien. There's really nobody else young enough to take that role if Tim Drake isn't having it. And that's definitely not Tim Drake on the cover. Who will be Batman in Batman and Robin? It's got to be Dick Grayson. We're not seeing him anywhere else, after all. He's the only person who really makes sense. I don't care if he doesn't want it; he's going to get it anyway.

That leaves us with Batman. Surely that means more "solo" adventures for Dick Grayson as Batman. I think not. I don't think there's any reason to assume that there will be only one Batman at the end of this. Obviously this status quo won't last for ever. So why not shake it up a bit? Why not have two Batmen? Seeing as the writing of Batman is Judd Winick, I'm pretty sure that in that book we'll be seeing the adventures of Jason Todd as Batman.

So in summary: three books, four characters, two Batmen. Let's see if I'm right.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home