Friday, June 12, 2009

Speciality

This has all been done before.

I'm talking about the "someone other than Bruce Wayne as Batman" thing. It's been done before. Many times. I've done it. It never lasts and it never works.

Will things be different this time? I don't think we have any reason to believe that will be the case. The only difference this time is that the loose cannon is taking the role of Robin rather than Batman. So we've got a reluctant Batman and a slightly unhinged Robin.

Can that really turn out well? Things get worse when you consider that the most rational and level-headed member of our little "family" has been forced out and is now traveling the globe. He's not in a good spot right now. But he's still got a better head on his shoulders than most of us.

And where the heck is Cassandra? She was at least commited to the whole concept? After all, she wanted to be the next Batman for the longest time. Who gives up on their dreams that easily?

Honestly, I don't know what to think about this whole thing. At least with me there was a reason why I became Batman. I was the "grim" and "gritty" Batman. The whole point was to show everybody what they liked about Bruce Wayne and what was special about him.

What's special about these guys?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

You raise some valid points. This is why I'm a Green Lantern fan.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Dan Didio seems to have this driving urge to get rid of Cassandra, so even though I'm a massive fan of hers, I don't hold out any hope that she's going to come out ahead from all this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home