Friday, August 28, 2009

Relative Importance

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen Special #2 is the most important comic you didn't read this week.

That is, of course, assuming you didn't read it. If you did, you know what I'm talking about.

If you read it you know that there were stunning revelations, the return of characters long unseen, references to old series that almost nobody read (I, of course, have the complete run). There's all that and a death on the last page. The death of one of the most important characters in the history of DC Comics.

Of course, I doubt the aforementioned dead person is really dead. You know how these things go. Still, most of my points still stand. There is a lot in SPJOS #2 (quite a mouthful) that sets up even more important things for the future.

If you've been following the current ongoing Superman event and didn't read that comic you need to run to your LCS immediately. Go now. I'll wait.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Well it certainly seemed to confirm a lot of the things you said, although the non-specific comment about Earth means there's still some wiggle room I think.

However yes, if it wasn't for the fact that Tellus has been hanging around quite a bit I'd be perhaps even more worried.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

It is, indeed, the most important comic that no one read.

And I'm hoping he is dead, so that he can come back next as a Black Lantern and kill his assassin.

And, what... you have a run of the River City comic? That's nothing short of astonishing.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jake said...

He might be referring to Infinity Inc. That would be much more worrying, and possibly read by even fewer people!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I hate to break it to you, but I was actually referring to Breach. Y'all remember Breach, right? Right?

In my defense I mostly picked it up because the art was damn pretty...

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ummm...what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home