Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A Quick Aside

Those of you who follow the goings on in the comic blogosphere (or at least the part I care about) know that Scipio and the Absorbascon have gone on hiatus.

Now, Scipio isn't clear on how long or why he's taking a break from the blog. That's his business and pretty much irrelevant anyway.

What I want to mention is the importance in the Absorbascon to my being here today. Yes, I know that sounds melodramatic (as though "here today" is President or alive). But it's the truth, and since I'm very happy to be here today I think it bears mentioning.

I started this blogger account for the sole purpose of being able to comment on another blogspot blog about comics. That blog was the Absorbascon. When I found the site it was as a revelation; here was someone who had tastes in comics similar to me and was writing about them. No only that, but he didn't muddy up the waters with posts about "Spider-Man" or the "X-Men" or anything else with hyphens in its name. Here was a blog that spoke to me.

I can't remember what the first post I commented on was (though I believe it had something to do with DRAMA). Not long after I decided to try my hand at the blogging myself. I think I've done okay these past few years (even if I haven't these past few weeks).

So I guess what I'm saying is: thanks, Scipio. Thanks for all the fun and all the laughs. I'm sure going to miss it all. I wish you good fortunes in all your endeavors... And I hope we'll see you around these parts again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Will said...

Well put.

You and Scipio were the first bloggers I ever followed and while I've since drank the Marvel Kool-Aid (note the hyphen) in a significant way, Scipio's focus on the literary structure of the DCU and the difference between DC and Marvel superhero adventures will always inspire me to think about the comics I am reading.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I am deep...deep in denial. And mourning. I also keep compulsively checking the Absorbascon, thinking that he's put up something else.

*sigh*

Who will translate Latin and Greek for me now?

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger njcook0312 said...

Not to prempt Scip, as I have no idea the surroundings of what happend, but his branch of Big Monkey Comics closed recently, so I'm guessing that's why.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Well, hopefully it's all tied into the "pleasant reasons" for being out of touch a while back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home