Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Historical Revelations

Whew! What a week!

Sorry about the lack of posting, friends. This week was the start of my Spring Break. And as you all no doubt know, I have a tendency to fail at blogging precisely when I have the most time to do it. A curious paradox, that.

Anyway, have you read any of this week's comics? They are distinctly interesting. I was most intrigued by Green Lantern, flush as it was with delightful revelations.

Mostly I'm talking about the reveal of all the emotional spectrum entities and their origins. I don't know if Geoff Johns is a relgious man, but he does seem to have poured some religious connections into the Blackest Night saga.

Oh, and did you notice what caused the birth of the rage entity? Vandal Savage makes history again...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Yeah, the whole thing seems a little contradictory to me though. The Guardians are billions of years old, but life began on Earth? So Earth is as old or older than Maltus? Definitely some wonky science/intelligent design stuff going on. I'm not sure what to think of it.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Since it's comics and it could all be retconned away in five years I try not to think too much of it. I'll just enjoy the ride...

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Well that's true. I'm not sure if it's been retconned out yet or not, but I still enjoy that Damage was 'the big bang' - from Zero Hour.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's true that the time line makes no sense whatsoever, but I don't really care at this point.

I did enjoy the entities. I'm glad that willpower was the first. Not sure how this all ties in with the Endless, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Seven Endless, seven colors in the emotional spectrum...

Coincidence?

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Seven has been stated to be a big thing in the DCU, at least by Grant Morrison in Seven Soldiers of Victory. It's also a good way of ensuring that you can have a diverse cast of characters without it getting too large, and also can have a vote that comes down to one person's decision.

My problem is that Compassion must really be young, as if that is the Red Rock of Rage that Vandal Savage used, then it can't be THAT old cosmologically speaking. But we know that the orange battery was around millions of years ago for Larfleeze to steal it.

Either that REALLY was the first true emergence of rage, or you can imply that all the emotional entities are birthed on Earth.

It's true because it rhymes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home