Wednesday, March 03, 2010

First Wave #1

So yeah, First Wave was really good. Azzarello's plotting is tight; I am hooked on the mystery he's creating. All the voices for the characters seem just right. I really feel like I'm being immersed in this new world.

And the art... Holy smokes Rags Morales is on fire. I've enjoyed his work since Hawkman, but this is on an entirely different level. I can't remember the last time I was this impressed by the art on a comic book.

All in all, DC's new pulp universe seems to be shaping up quite nicely. I've never been exposed to Doc Savage before this... But now I'm hooked.

(And yeah, I refuse to talk about Cry For Justice #7. So don't even ask.)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Haven't read First Wave yet, because I'm still in mourning. I won't ask about Cry for Justice. I will say it just plain sucked on every level and leave it at that.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger kalinara said...

At least JSA: All Stars stayed good! <3

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Yes, yes it was.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Cry for Justice makes me want to punch something. JSA on the other hand, was quite palatable.

I thought about picking up First Wave, and almost did it...now I guess I'll have to go back and find it. I do like both the writer and the artist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home