Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Green Hornet

It may or may not surprise you to find that I'm actually quite the fan of the Green Hornet. Everything about the character has always seemed cool to me. A pulpy super-hero in a green fedora? Sign me up. That awesome car? Yes please. Kato? Hell yeah!

That said, I don't think I'll be buying Kevin Smith's Green Hornet. You see, I don't really like Kevin Smith all that much. I've never seen one of his movies that I thought was better than average. His Green Arrow was only fair to middlin'. And as far as I'm concerned his Batman kind of sucks.

Now, Matt Wagner's Green Hornet: Year One? I am all over that. You see, Matt Wagner may not have made any movies. Or written Green Arrow. But I know for a fact that his Batman is some of the best Batman ever.

Besides, it's going to be set in the time period of the original radio serials. And I'm a sucker for period pieces. I eat them up. Sure, Dynamite is putting out something like five Green Hornet books. But I think Year One will probably be the one worth my time.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

All I can say is "ditto". I rather liked it when Smith brought back Oliver, and I liked Dogma, although that probably had more to do with my crush on Alan Rickman than Smith's skills, but anyway...getting back to the point. Wagner's version sounds like the proverbial bee's knees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home