Monday, May 17, 2010

August Solicitations

Not much to talk about for the August solicits. I mean, only half a dozen of these DCU titles haven't already been "previewed." Interesting to note that Magog has been canceled at issue #12. I think we all saw that one coming. I give Azrael until the end of its current story arc.

But then, this is just me being cranky because I'm tried. I'm trying to rush this post of so I can get to bed. I'm taking a two week Chinese language class here at the beginning of the summer and I have to get up early for it. Spoiler: for an English speaker Chinese is really hard. I think it's the hardest language I've dealt with yet.

Anyway, Guy Gardner's new series starts this month. I think that's probably the thing I'm most excited about. I used to not like Guy. Then I started to realize that the brain-damaged sycophant that was in the JLI wasn't really Guy Gardner. And that the real guy was actually pretty freakin' awesome. Thanks for that, Kalinara.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, Blogger kalinara said...

You're welcome!

And you're trying Chinese? Awesome. I always wanted to try, but considering my issue with Japanese is my utter inability to learn kanji, it's probably not a good idea for me. :-)

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I'm not worried about the kanji... SO far it's the tones that are killing me. I thought Japanese was hard, but good lord... Chinese is SUPER hard.

Maybe it'll get slightly easier. But I doubt it.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy has always been my favorite GL.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm so glad that you have come to the conclusion that Guy Gardner is indeed...quite awesome.

You're learning Chinese? I am impressed. Also impressed that you both know Japanese!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger kalinara said...

Hee. Diamondrock knows Japanese. I'm five years out of practice and can barely introduce myself anymore. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home