Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Battle for Mars

This week's edition of War of the Supermen is billed as "The Battle for Mars." I'm not sure why they've gone out to Mars (though it looks like Superman may have forced Supergirl there at the end of issue #1). Whatever the reason, I imagine that means we're going to have some serious fighting in the skies over the red planet. Here's the one thing I want from War of the Supermen #2:

Martian Manhunter.

He's back and has set up shop on Mars. These Kryptonians (as always, the "assholes of space") think they are really tough. They don't think anyone can stand against them. So I want to see J'onn J'onzz absolutely devastate them.

We saw during Blackest Night how incredibly powerful Martian Manhunter is. So I want to see one Martian up against, oh, ten or twelve Kryptonians. And I want to see that Martian just take them apart without breaking a sweat. It's one of those "holy shit that's awesome" scenes that I just really want to see.

Now, it's probably not going to happen. Martian Manhunter hasn't shown up on any covers, of course. Still, that could be DC's attempt to keep his resurrection from being spoiled (after all, he was still dead when Return of the Supermen #2 was solicited). Even though he's probably staying confined to Brightest Day, I can still dream...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Spectrum Rider said...

"These Kryptonians (as always, the 'assholes of space')"

You know, they didn't *used* to be.

Since John Byrne's post-Crisis on Infinite Earths reboot, it's been harder and harder to feel all that bad about the destruction of Krypton. I mean, relative, to their good old days.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

I would love to see J'onn beat the hell out of the worst of the Kryptonian scum.

Since this definitely takes place after Blackest Night- Superman we can only hope everyone's favorite Beetle-Browed Detective will get to take on the Kryptonian Peril.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Well, I don't think thing's were that much better before the reboot. Sure, Jor-El's always been great... But I'm not sure we could say the same thing about the other Kryptonians. Still, I'll admit that they have gotten worse...

And yeah, MM vs. some of Zod's flunkies is a fight I'd pay to see. I hope I get to...

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Man, I just can't stand those miserable Kryptonians. "Assholes of Space" sums them up fairly neatly.

So yes, it would be simply delightful to see J'onn J'onnz open up a can of whup ass on all of them. Maybe he could do it while eating a choco.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Alas, it was not to be. This all must be taking place before Brightest Day or something. I just can't see J'onn allowing a U. S. Military base on his planet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home