Monday, May 03, 2010

Welcome Back

Because I'm really jazzed about the new Gail Simone run on the new Birds of Prey I went back last night and started rereading her first run on the first Birds of Prey from the beginning.

This is why I did not post last night.

I forgot how much I enjoyed those comics. I don't remember what it was that got me reading that comic in the first place. Honestly, it was probably the cover (I'm a sucker for the fishnets). The art is still kind of funky (I think Ed Benes goes overboard sometimes) and the writing was a bit rocky compared to what Gail Simone writes now.

But good Lord... Those comics were fun. So much damn fun. They are just bursting with energy and crazy things and cool fights. It has me really excited for the new series. Honestly, I haven't been looking forward to a new comic like I have this one in a long time.

If the new Birds of Prey is anything like the old Birds of Prey it will be great. But I think it will be better than great... Because both Gail Simone and Ed Benes have gotten a lot better over the years. And they were good to begin with.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, it's going to be lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home