Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Power of the People!!

I was never a part of the "Justice League International" era. It was not something I ever had a stake it. But I'm still enjoying Justice League: Generation Lost.

It's a pretty decent super-hero story, and I have come to like Booster Gold a lot in recent years. And I'm a long time fan of Jaime Reyes as well. But the character I'm loving the most? The new Rocket Red, of all people. I mean, how can you not love a guy who says things like this:

"Ha! I am on Justice League! Bump fist!"

and

"Yes! It is how they say in decadent Hollywood: showing time!"

The new Rocket Red is hilariously awesome stereotype of a Cold War-era Soviet hero. And in a world where the Soviet Union hasn't existed for almost twenty years he fits in real well.

I have no idea how he compares to the original Rocket Red, however. That guy actually existed during the Soviet-era. Now that it's over a Soviet super-hero is entertaining, if slightly quaint. I wonder how it played back in the day?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I was a fan of Dmitri, the original Rocket Red. He had an impish side to him, and he was so cute with that missing tooth. (knocked out by Black Canary, but he didn't hold it against her.)

But I'm with you. I find the NEW Rocket Red, to be quite the charmer. He's a little crazy perhaps, but goshdarnit, he's just ejoying himself SO MUCH!

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In America, you watch television. In Soviet Russia, television watches you!

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Derek said...

I haven't been reading Generation Lost, but you may have just changed my mind.

Here's the thing... I don't much care for Keith Giffen's writing. I love everything he does AFTER someone else gets ahold of them, but his actual material is nigh unreadable to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home