Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Batman Knows

I realized something after thinking for a while about a teaser image posted recently. You know, the one featuring Batman outside the Justice League International embassy? I realized that Batman knows.

Now, obviously Batman knows lots of stuff. He's one of the smartest guys around. But I'm thinking of something very specific. During Blackest Night Batman was dead (or at least was assumed so). Most importantly, he wasn't on Earth during our time period (as far as we know). He wasn't around when Max Lord came back.

And he wasn't around when Max Lord mindwiped the planet.

That means when Batman does get back (hopefully sooner rather than later) he'll remember Max Lord. And it's a whole different ballgame when one of the people who knows the truth is someone other than the disgraced members of the JLI.

Max Lord didn't count on Batman. But Batman counts on everything.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Tom Foss said...

Was the Batman in the teaser image necessarily Bruce? I figured it'd be the natural progression of the JLI's visit to Dick early on, where he brushed them off, but realized that doing so was out of character. The JLI planted a seed in Dick's head, and I got the impression that he was going to continue investigating, even though the other heroes were content to brush the JLI off.

That being said, if Bruce had been around when the JLI came calling, this miniseries would have been over in issue #3.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

"if Bruce had been around when the JLI came calling, this miniseries would have been over in issue #3."

Indeed. I suppose it could be Dick. I just assumed that it was Bruce because the costume matches Bruce's old costume and not Dick's Batman outfit.

Of course, Bruce is getting that atrocious new costume so I suppose it could be either of them...

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well blow me down, but that could certainly work.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

I don't know if that's the case or not, but I really don't want to see Batman involved in this. The JLI needs to take care of this themselves without the almighty Batman showing up to hog the glory.

(I don't like Batman)

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Tom Foss said...

Batman was a founding member of the JLI.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home