Monday, October 11, 2010

Read Freedom Fighters

Let me guess: you're not reading Freedom Fighters. That's okay; I forgive you.

But you really should be reading Freedom Fighters. Somehow over the past few years Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti have turned into some of my favorite writers. I don't know how it happened. But I'm glad it did.

Anyway, Freedom Fighters is shaping up to be a really fun book. And "fun" is something we don't find nearly as often as we should in our comics these days. Not only does the book have some delightful fight scenes and some fantastic dialogue -- "I am a God killer!" -- but it's got a fun mystery as well.

I love the concept of "The Hidden History of the United States" as a hook for Freedom Fighters. There's a lot of really great material to mine there, and our humble hosts seem ready to hit the ground running. Why, in the most recent issue the mystery villain was revealed to be this guy:

And we find this out in the second issue. Let me tell you, that's a hell of a lot more satisfying than waiting some six issues to find out that the mystery villain is Solomon Grundy in a suit.

So, to sum up: Freedom Fighters is shaping up to be pretty awesome. Go read it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

My goodness, he's so...so dapper.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

I loves me some Freedom Fighters. I hope this can hook enough readers to keep it going for a while. Otherwise DC will churn out yet another Bat title.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Well said, Cap. Though I do love Batman the DCU needs titles that explore a wider variety of genres and concepts -- like Freedom Fighters does.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Grundy in a suit

ZING!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home