Monday, March 14, 2011

Flashpoint Futures II

A bunch of new Flashpoint minis and one-shots were revealed last Friday. I haven't had the time until now to talk about them, so here goes.

Flashpoint: Secret Seven: Peter Milligan and George Perez? What did we do to deserve this. That's definitely Milligan's Shade, the Changing Man and that looks like it might be Enchantress in the background back in her old costume. I hope her scarf is back, too. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Flashpoint: The Outsider: A lot of people have been speculating on who the "Outsider" is. Many people in the comics seem to think it's Alfred Pennyworth because he once took the name "Outsider" in an ancient Batman story. But that's absurd. Even in an alternate timeline Alfred couldn't stand on the sidelines of whatever war they're talking about. Look at the picture. The Outsider is Lex Luthor.

Flashpoint: Abin Sur - The Green Lantern: Whew, after the Flashpoint: Hal Jordan reveal I was kind of worried that we wouldn't be getting the previously announced Abin Sur mini after all. I'm glad to see I was wrong. Abin Sur is a character that has been much mythologized, but about whom we really know very little. I'm excited to learn a little more about him.

Lois Lane and the Resistance: If there's one constant it's Lois Lane. She'll always go after the truth, no matter the costs. Obviously things are rotten in the world of Flashpoint. Thankfully Lois is there to air things out.

Wonder Woman and the Furies: I'm curious as to the role Wonder Woman will play in this timeline. I one sense she seems to be standing against something for the sake of the world. But the way she's dressed makes me feel that she's going to turn out to be no different than "Emperor Aquaman." Time will tell...

Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost Starring Bart Allen: I was wondering what was going to happen to the other members of the Flash Family. Bart, of course, has his own history of time travel. In some sense Bart is from a future that doesn't even exist any longer. So it would make sense for him to be somewhat free from changes in the timeline. I expect he'll be instrumental in returning things to normal.

Flashpoint: Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown: I'll be straight with you: I have no idea what to expect from this one. Still, I've enjoyed Jeff Lemire's work up to this point so I'll probably give it a shot.

Flashpoint: Project Superman: This, my friends, is the big one. What could be more devastating to the world and the timeline than the elimination of Superman? Very little, I'd say. Whatever the Reverse Flash is planning in his changing of time it's certainly a very bad thing that he's removed Superman from the equation. The world of Flashpoint is not a pretty place.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting a little worried about this, because I can't see any way of not buying every single one of these. Even the written-by-an-editor books that I usually don't enjoy look awesome enough in premise that I'm excited. I can't pare it down.

(And I assumed the Outsider was Metamorpho!)

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous www.burgos-3d.com said...

To my mind everybody have to glance at this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home