Wednesday, March 16, 2011

That's Not Terrible At All

I'm sure that many of you have seen this image before:

That is an page from 1978's now classic The Super Dictionary, a children's book. Unsurprisingly, Luthor's nefarious deed is the entry for "forty."

Luthor's cake stealing has been something of an Internet "meme" for quite a while now as I understand it. It is a delightful image and I think I've featured it here on the blog at one point in the past.

But this week's Superman #709 takes it to an entirely different level and brings the cake thievery into DCU continuity:

Truly, we live in an enlightened age.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh.

The writer has a truly diabolical sense of humor, and I for one, applaud it.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

That's fantastic. And that's terrible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home