Monday, March 21, 2011

Costume Problems

I never got around to talking about the Wonder Woman TV show costume because it premiered on a Friday. As you have all noticed, I am a terrible blogger and can rarely convince myself to post on Fridays.

Luckily, Scipio did talk about it. He's basically spot on. Every time I looked at the image I thought "that reminds me of something. And not something good." And it's exactly what Scipio says it is: one of those bad "sexy super-hero" costumes. Here are my main problems with the outfit, from top to bottom.

1. The Face: Now, this is not at all a remark about Ms. Palicki's looks She is certainly a very attractive woman. The problem is the way everything frames her face. There's something seriously off about the way her hair sits. The tiara isn't quite right, either. It's... Too insubstantial, if you know what I mean. And her lips are just a little too bright red.

2. The Bustier: Is that supposed to be metal on there? Because it looks like plastic. It should certainly look like metal. That's important because I don't think Wonder Woman is going to be running around wearing plastic. Same thing goes for the bracelets.

3. The Pants: The fact that there are pants isn't a problem. I like the pants. The issue is that they're too bright and shiny. The pants also look like they're made of plastic. That just won't do.

4. The Boots: First of all, the heels are too high. They can be a little high. But what she's wearing now is just ridiculous. Secondly: the boots must be red. This is not some slavish desperation related to the fact that Wonder Woman's boots are usually red. The problem is that there's not contrast with the pants.

Now, my opinions don't really matter. After all, I'm just one fan crying out in the wilderness. But for what it's worth, that's what I think.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Lebeau2501 said...

I had completely missed this bit of news. I concur with everything you had to say. It's plastic and vinyl and just not very convincing. It looks like a picture from a crappy Halloween costume. It's bringing back memories of that made-for-tv Generation X movie that for some reason I am unable to find anywhere on the interwebs.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Shiny. So very very shiny. And dagnabit, she just looks so friggin' uncomfortable!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Boris said...

L&P was here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home