Friday, July 07, 2006

I Seek Recognition

Nay, I demand it. I want a role in 52. I'm not letting the biggest (albeit most inconsistent) DC event in years slide by without my taking a part.

I've been a presence in most of DC's great events. My role in Crisis on Infinite Earths is nigh legendary. And Underworld Unleashed revealed a previously unseen side of me -- that of wine connoisseur.

And of course, everyone remembers my explosive appearance in Infinite Crisis.

Is it not fitting that I receive a part in 52? I'm not being greedy here. Though I demand recognition I do not expect a starring role. I am more than willing to accept a walk-on -- even one that entails my being out of costume.

Of course, regardless of DC's willingness I will have my appearance. They cannot stop me. All iron and steel is at my command. And there are a lot of paperclips in DiDio's office...

5 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Abduct John Henry irons, and refuse to return him until there's an issue that prominently features you.

You could be smacking around Adam, or running the Intergang Question and Montoya are concerned with.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of UNDERWORLD UNLEASHED, by coincidence I just read that a couple of days ago. What exactly happened to you in that one? Didn't you get absorbed into Neron's soul jar or something? How did you get out of that one?

You know what? Why am I asking? Nothing there made sense anyway. Though it was funny how the Joker and Lex Luthor totally played your ass.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

I suppose in some regions of the universe it might be defined as "funny."

By the way... What was your address again?

Regardless, it's really best not to think about what happened during that crossover. It really was ill-defined. No lasting changes save for Lex's trim physique.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Steven said...

No, there were a few, just not all of them were for the better. The ongoing plot with the Rogues (who's reformed, who's gone back to crime) was kicked off there. Blockbuster and Grodd were returned to threat status. Joker got a nice set of cigars.

But in general, yeah. Someone (Waid) thought the villains of the DCU would be more interesting if they were made (vaugely) more powerful and more monstrous through a walking, talking plot device, instead of actually making their personalities more interesting.

Compare it to how much more interesting the villains became after Villains United, where their powers remained untouched but who they were was enlightened by how they dealt with each other.

Though that may be a bad example in your case, since your contribution was displaying yet another personality, then getting yourself blowed up.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

And of course, everyone remembers my explosive appearance in Infinite Crisis.


Uh. Um. Well, actually...

Oh wait, now I remember, that was the last time you died...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home