Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Atomize

Holy crap! Is The All-New Atom going to totally rock? Of course it will.

I was happy to have a look at some of the preview pages. What the hell is going on here? John Byrne's art looks better than it has in years. The characters -- likable! The situation -- intriguing! Craziness! Weirdness! Shrinking! A superhero who isn't just another boring white guy!

Honestly. Go read that preview. It just really clicked with me. I've never really been interested in the Atom. I didn't particularly care for Ray Palmer. And even with Gail Simone (I love you Gail!) writing, I wasn't sure if I was going to pick this up or not.

But this is what these previews are for. I am totally hooked.

And OMAC looks pretty cool too.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Agreed; the Atom rocked.

Microscopic invaders who speak in the past tense. The President's dog. Teacup handles.

Fabulous.

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

The Atom was great and I liked The Creeper as well.

Not so sure what I think about Martian Manhunter's transformation into an angry Asparagus-Man though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home