Monday, January 02, 2006

Storytelling

I often find myself at a loss as to what to post here. Though I do enjoy myself a great deal -- whether or not anyone else reads it. It's really for me, more than anything. A way to get out my thoughts about comics and the things that I love about them.

Ah, but you ask: what do you love about them? I love the fact that anything can happen. I love the fact that things that seem utterly ridiculous to people outside the fandom seem perfectly normal to all of us. I love the fact that in the comics the villains are as evil as evil can be -- and the fact the the heroes are brighter than anything. I just love comics.

I guess it should be no surprise that like many comic fans, I want to make my own comics. Of course, I should think that my goals are a little more realistic than some. I have no real desire to see anything I make published. And I really can't see myself writing full-scale superheroics. Mostly I want to make comics because I love comics -- and there are stories that I want to tell. And if others could enjoy what's in my head as much as I do, then that would make me incredibly happy.

I'll make no claims to being a master. My art is incredibly flawed (though I would deny that it's better than a lot of people). And I honestly don't know where to begin when it comes to making a script. But I'm determined to do it. Because I have stories I want to tell. And I'm going to tell them, someday.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Melchior del DariĆ©n said...

I look forward to reading your stories.

Books that have offered me help and inspiration:
Eisner/Miller, (Dark Horse, 2005).
Eisner, Comics and Sequential Art, (Poorhouse Press, 1985).
Eisner, Graphic Storytelling and Visual Narrative, (Poorhouse, 1996).
Write Now! magazine often has nuts and bolts information on script-making. (I find it at my comic store.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home