Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Legion of Super-Heroes Totally Rules, Part 1

The Legion of Super-Heroes totally rules. There are many reasons why the Legion is so incredibly awesome. But there's one that comes immediately to mind. It may be really stupid, but I don't think it's that far off the mark.

You see, the Legion of Super-Heroes is us.

Well, maybe not exactly. After all, we don't have superpowers. We can't fly or control gravity or anything like that. And we certainly don't live in the 31st-Century. But they're basically comic fans with superpowers.

And wouldn't we all do what they're doing if we did have superpowers? If we had amazing abilities we'd be asking ourselves "what would Superman do?" and then we'd do it. And that's exactly how the Legionnaires go about it. They're just a bunch of comic geeks with amazing powers. So they put on crazy costumes, come up with silly names, and fight for justice.

I know that's what I would do, anyway...

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I'd like to think that I'd use superpowers to help people, but I gotta admit, the first time some person I saved gives me crap because I didn't stop their car from falling into the river of lava, I'd be thinking real hard about why I was doing this. That thinking is probably a product of all the ungrateful bastards in the Marvel universe.

Ultimately, I'd probably just use my powers to help my friends and family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home