Monday, August 28, 2006

Who is That ?

Okay, so I glanced through the most recent issue of Supergirl. (there ain't no way I'm payin' for that!)

What the bloody hell do they think they're doing? Could this character be any more unlikable. I just want to get me a Luthor Supersuit and start wailing on her. I mean, c'mon. That "tight t-shirt" remark? The smoking? And Captain Boomerang?

I long for the days when Supergirl had a complicated backstory involving angels and shapeshifting aliens. At least then she was nice. I think sacrificing a likable character for the sake of a succinct backstory was a huge mistake.

Hell, go back even further. To the real Kara Zor-El. The original. She was cute and sweet. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that female characters must be cute and sweet. Power Girl certainly isn't (and I love her).

What I'm really saying is that Supergirl should be a comic that you'd be able to give to a young girl and have her both enjoy it and maybe learn a few lessons about being a good person.

If girls started taking lessons from this Supergirl, they'd be tieing up their shirts, smoking, and dating the sons of supervillains. Not a winning combonation.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I especially love the part where she consigned the people of Kandor to continue being crushed under Saturn Queen's rule so that she could find her home.

She's a real hero. *rolls eyes*

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Supergirl's comic isn't so much as 'entertainment' as it is an 'experience' for the reader.

I wish it was being written by Frank Miller. Then at least it could be 'enjoyable' in its absurdity.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Maybe this Kara Zor-El is a robot duplicate designed by the same people who copied Cassandra Cain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home