Monday, November 13, 2006

Hal Jordan: Jackass

You may have been unfortunate enough to have yourself subjected to Green Lantern #14. My sympathies.

Some insist that Hal Jordan is acting incredibly out of character in that issue. Clearly some do not know Hal Jordan half as well as I.

Yes, Hal Jordan has a messiah complex. Yes, Hal Jordan believes the world revolves around him. And yes, Hal Jordan has a deep sense of "responsibility." But what some are forgetting is that Hal Jordan is also incredibly stupid.

This I know beyond a shadow of a doubt. We have clashed on numerous occasions. Were he not beneath me I might consider him my "personal nemesis." (as is, he ranks only as my "arch-enemy")

As is, he doesn't need a "personal nemesis." He is his own nemesis. This is a man who is constantly and annoyingly taken out by exposed buttresses and bat-seat cushions.

I cannot say that I am glad that Hal Jordan was imprisoned and tortured. After all, it was not I who imprisoned and tortured him (if it had been, I would have employed some sort of brilliant, elaborate deathtrap/torture device rather than the simple and expedient method of breaking bones).

Hal Jordan is nothing more and nothing less than a jackass with a massive superiority complex. I'm glad I'm not like that.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, you wouldn't catch Guy Gardner taking his ring off like Hal...except for locking it in hotel safe while he was on vacation and being attacked by Bolphunga the Unrelenting. But he was on VACATION dammit! Hal on the other hand, was just dumb. Beautiful...but dumb.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

You may have a point there, Doc.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Couldn't agree more.

Didn't wear his ring while flying because (essentially) it would make him less "cool".

And his friends and he paid the price for his arrogance. But he'll never really learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home