Thursday, December 14, 2006

Glorious Vengeance

Another day... Another shattered dream.

Yes, the villainous force facing off with the latest version of the Justice League has been revealed. And it is... Solomon Grundy?!

*snort*

*chortle*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Forgive me, forgive me. It's just that... Well... I've worked with Solomon before. He's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer... Even when he's smart.

And yes, I'm well aware that Solomon Grundy is endowed with a new personality each time he dies. Don't insult me. My point is... Well, it's that Solomon has had his role to play. And now he's going against type. And that's not going to make many of us happy.

You see, there's always been a division of labor in the world of supervillainy. You've got your brilliant geniuses endowed with fabulous powers and even more fabulous fashion sense (such as myself). And then you've got the dumb muscle. Like dear Solomon Grundy.

Yes, some have made the crossover... See my dear departed colleague Blockbuster. And then see what happened to him.

These divisions exist for a reason. Those of us who know how to pose and shout off one-liners... We're the ones who should be instituting grand plans to destroy the Justice League of America. We often fail, yes. But we do so with style. And judging from Solomon's attire, it's clear doesn't doesn't have the chops for it.

It's taken what? Four, five issues for him to finally reveal his role? Fool! That's not how it's done! If you want to get the League attention you assault a major city with some sort of Doomsday Device! Then you'll get on television.

But I digress. My point is that it should have been my moment. My time to shine! And instead it's gone to another pasty faced thug in a bad suit.

I will have my revenge.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It should indeed have been you, my dear Doctor. Grundy is just...well sort of lame.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't you watch Justice League Animated? Grundy was very cool, even as a dumb person. Of course, he was voiced by Mark Hamill.

Still Polaris, Grundy's alive, AND YOU'RE DEAD

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Grundy? Yes, well -- I wouldn't have thought of that.

Then again, the Atom's forgotten ex-wife as a motiveless flamethrower-wielding psycho-killer wouldn't have occurred to me either.

I guess that's why I don't get to write the JLA.

I agree with you, Doc. But I'm from Gotham, where we know that if you REALLY want to show you style, you make a televised announcement of your crime BEFORE you commit it.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But then don't do what the hero expects you too. That's why the Joker is so good at what he does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home