Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I Cannot Abide the Prattling of Fools

Why am I constantly surrounded by fools? At the coffee shop, at the grocery store, at the bank (my bank, not one I'm robbing). Everywhere I go I am surrounded by fools.

They continue to jabber on, day in and day out. And such pedestrian concerns! I remember the good old days... The days when things people said were important. Even vital. And when they always ended with an exclamation point.

But today such things are hidden away. Inside foolish caption boxes, more often than not. Fools! The moment we stop saying what we feel (and by "saying what we feel" I don't mean whining like someone) is the moment we become less than human. Or whatever kind of alien you may happen to be.

Declare your villainous plans! Do not hide in the shadows like Brad Meltzer's mystery villain. Three issues and he hasn't even gotten the JLA out of whatever damn cave they're hiding in. The fool. If it were me plotting against the League?

Page 2, Panel 4 and we'd already be throwing it down in the middle of Metropolis. I might still lose... But dammit, I'd lose with style.

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Dr. Polaris does EVERYTHING with style!

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polaris, monloguing has gone out fashion ever since the Incredibles. No-one likes it any more. It makes villians look idiotic. Unless you monologue to decieve the hero into performing your evil plan for you.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Oh, everyone LIKES it. They've just been cowed by self-styled Arbiters of Realism, who've decided that, while villains are egocentric enough to dress like megalomaniacal dictators and scheme like megalomaniacal dictators, its "silly" for them to monologue out loud like megalomaniacal dictators.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...you want to lose, in other words. Wow. How pathetic. No wonder no-one takes you seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home