Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

So tell me... What do you all think of this little image? This teaser for Countdown?

Are you worried they're goint to make Mary Marvel grim and gritty? Ruin the fact that she's one of very few genuinely nice girls. in comics (or the real world, for that matter) Perhaps that concern is justified.

But I am not concerned. I believe that Mary is tough enough to come out of whatever DC throws at her intact. She'll come out of Countdown as strong as she's ever been. Without losing any of what makes her Mary Marvel.

But then, I've always been an optimist...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm rather fond of Mary, so I have to say that this scares the livin' wee out of me.

What's next? Superman kicking puppies?

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

I find it hard to get myself too worked up over the cover to Countdown #47 like some other people on the web, but I am somewhat concerned for Mary.

I think the "hero's journey" that Mary is going to undertake will have her confront and overcome any darkness that's thrown her way. At least that's what I'm hoping.

DC should scrap Supergirl and give Mary Marvel a series. I know I'd buy it.

Sallyp - what about evil puppies? Can Superman kick them? Cause that would be cool.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

All-Star Superman #13. Count on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home