Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Family

I'm far more excited about Wally West coming back into the DCU than I have any right to be. But then, it's not just Wally coming back that I'm happy about. Because with Wally's return, the DCU is going to get something that it hasn't really had much of in the past. And that's family.

Sure, teams like the JSA are like families. And there certainly are married heroes and heroes with kids. But I'm hard pressed to think of a married couple with kids where one of the parents his a superhero. And I'm almost positive that the DCU doesn't have a family with kids the age that Wally and Linda's kids are.

I know some people aren't happy about Wally coming back. And I know that they're even less happy that he came back with a wife and a couple of kids in tow. But for me, that just drives up my excitement. I want to see Wally and Linda be parents. And I want to see what kind of trouble their kids get into.

Plus, I like kids. You have to like kids if you're going to spend some time teaching them. And the kids I teach aren't much older than Wally and Linda's kids. (damn you, Meltzer, for not telling us their names!) Sure, kids that age can be annoying and infuriating... But they're also fun as hell.

So I look forward to what's to come in The Flash. Because I know that Wally and Linda are going to make great parents. And I have a feeling I'm going to love his kids. Whatever their names are...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Matthew E said...

Animal-Man has a wife and kids. Blue Beetle doesn't, because he is one of the kids in his family, but his family is a big part of his supporting cast.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm just glad that Wally is back. Perhaps he'll get around to introducing his wife and family to the JLA once he's finished being dazed and confused.

They could babysit Lian! Or Sin!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

*smacks head* I can't believe I forgot Animal Man.

Well, I guess I could say that Animal Man's kids don't have super powers. Yeah, that's it...

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

It's a Meltzer comic. Only superheroes get to use their first names.

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be glad when he hunts down and imprisons the rogues for brutally beating Bart to death. Oh, wait, that won't actually happen and the fact that Bart Allen, The Flash, was killed by the rogues with their bare hands will probably not affect Wally's life in the smallest way.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, it looks like it might matter. The Trickster and Pied Piper are going deep underground as of today's Countdown. They said the whole superhero community was pretty pissed about that.

Or maybe Wally is secretly rejoicing. Bart did annoy the hell out of Wally when he arrived from the 31st Century.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home