Saturday, June 30, 2007

It Begins

Okay, so here we go. Fair warning: I finally got a copy of the Sinestro Corps Special and there are going to be big spoilers ahead. Big spoilers.

Still here? Good. Let me begin by saying that although my prediction as to the fronter for the Sinestro Corps was not completely correct, I was nonetheless right. The only entity who could possibly be behind it was indeed the Anti-Monitor. Were there fifty-two Anti-Monitors like I speculated? There don't seem to be. Though the pluralization of some of the "hints" leads me to believe that we may see more down the line...

Still, I was happy to see that one of my predictions has actually turned out to be correct. Of course, that was pretty much the only thing in the Sinestro Corps special that I saw coming. I didn't think they were going to make Kyle Parallax (though how cool is that costume?) and I didn't know they were going to break out Superboy Prime and the Cyborg Superman.

So now we have an army of monsters... 7,200 of them to be exact. Led by an entity (or entities) who may or may not be the same Anti-Monitor who set off the original Crisis. Alongside him are the Cyborg Superman and his army of Manhunters. Together with them, Superboy Prime, one of the most powerful beings in the universe. And they're all backed up by a Parallax possessed Kyle Rayner.

It's clear that this is all going to play into DC's bigger event. But the scary thing? This is just the beginning. There are dozens of issues of Countdown to go. It feels like we've hit an apex, but we haven't. This is all just the tip of the iceberg... And whatever happens, it's going to get worse.

Much worse.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Nothing like starting with a bang! The art was gorgeous, the coloring was sensational, and there was a real plot! Stuff happened! LOTS of stuff happened.

I rather liked the explanation for why Earth seems so bloody important. Turns out it's the nexus, and explains the riddle of the 52. Rather cool.

Is it me, or do the Guardians seem a bit on the dim side?

But LOTS of stuff is going to be happening, and all kinds of future plot lines have been laid out. Should be a great summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home