Friday, March 28, 2008

I Love Guy Gardner

It had to happen sometime. When you spend as much time talking to certain people as I do you start to get... Influenced.

I never really had a favorite Green Lantern. I guess I just sort of latched on to Kyle out of convenience. I mean, he was in my favorite Justice League and he wasn't Hal Jordan. But bit by bit I started to realize that Guy Gardner was more than simply an "asshole."

But still, I was hesitant to call him my "favorite Green Lantern." There were still unresolved issues to deal with. Things had yet to come full circle.

Enter: Blue Beetle #25.

All it took was one page to push me squarely into the Guy Gardner fan camp. All it took was two sentences:

"That's right baby girl. I'm the crazy one."

And bam. That's it. I'm done. Hal Jordan only wishes he could be that cool.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Derek said...

This appears to be everyone's favourite scene from this week's Blue Beetle. Well, Scipio has yet to weigh in, but it's everyone so far.

And welcome to the Fraternal Order of Guy Gardner Fans. Your certificate is in the mail.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

I'm still in the Kyle camp, but Guy is definitely second. Now if GL Corps will just get back to focusing on the 2 of them.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, it's about time! Of COURSE Guy is the best Green Lantern. (Seriously, just ask him, he'll tell you.)

That entrance in Blue Beetle has to be one of the BEST entrances in a very long time. And I love the way that Milagro is trying to mimic his stance. Besides, if Hal had tried to do that, he would have managed to get hit in the head.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy Gardner rules. Can't wait to see Red Lantern Guy. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home