Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spoilers

Okay, so is there anyone out there who was actually surprised by the revelation in last week's Robin? It seems to me that they've been telegraphing just this sort of reveal for months.

Now, I would've been surprised if it had been Cassandra Cain's evil twin under that hood, or if Stephanie had been a zombie or something. That would've been a shocking twist. But Stephanie's return has been in the cards for quite a while in my eyes.

Still, I am happy about it and everything. I never read much Robin in the old days, but Steph was a semi-recurring character in Batgirl. They had a great relationship, and Stephanie was the only character out there who actually seemed like she was friends with Cass. Steph even offered to teach her to read at one point. Batman never offered that.

I just hope that Spoiler gets used appropriately from hereon out. I don't want it to be a case of "hey, she's alive -- you can all stop complaining now." I can see them doing that. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she disappeared off to limbo again now that she's definitively not dead.

I hope that doesn't happen, and I hope she and Batgirl start hanging out again. It would raise my happiness quotient by a huge degree. And it would be a good excuse for Cassandra to start acting like herself again...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, I'm always happy when someone turns out to be NOT dead. I'm not much of a Stephanie fan, but I've never quite understood the mad desire to kill off various comic characters. Beyond the initial gasp of shock, it seems wasteful and boring.

But I'm glad that Cass is being handled better as well.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Batgirl NOT channeling the Bat-dickery? That..actually I have no idea. Dixon is the one who created Spoiler when he was first writing Robin, so her popping up in Outsiders isn't to out there. And yet I hate Dixon's Outsiders...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home