Friday, November 21, 2008

Schadenfreude

Know that I was recently informed that Robin, Nightwing, and Oracle all had their long-running series canceled. I know schadenfreude isn't very Christian, but... Well...

How does it feel, guys? Everyone makes fun of poor, pathetic, mentally disturbed Azrael because his series only made it to one hundred issues. But who's laughing now? At least my comic ended on a round number. No "# 153 FINAL ISSUE" or "#183 FINAL ISSUE" for me. Nope, I ended on a good solid round number.

Is this what it feels like when the people in high school who picked on you get their comeuppance? Being in You-Know-Who's little "family" was just like being in high school. While Cassandra and I were forced to sit at the "loser" table at lunch, Dick, Tim, and Babs all got to sit at the "cool" table. And they sucked up to the teacher, too.

But now how do you feel? Now that you don't have teacher around to defend you, your titles are getting the axe. Since the boss man is "R. I. P." you've got to fend for yourself. Join the club, guys. Maybe you'll be lucky and get a mini-series or a spot on Rip Hunter's chalkboard. Ha!

Wow, I feel really mean right now... Is this what it's like to be a super-villain?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

LMAO!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

And really, who can blame you, sir?

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that there is a Batman position open again....who's got the most experience to fill it and save the day again? Azrael...it's hammer time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home