Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

It seems that I offended some sort of higher power. One of the old gods. The kind that like to rain lightning from the heavens on those who displease them. Or, you know, rain rain.

You see, we've been having quite the rain recently. This morning we discovered that the basement had flooded. I was immediately struck with terrible fear. All my really cool stuff is in the basement.

Luckily my comics were safely transfered upstairs. There was only one comic-related fatality: a trade paperback of Green Arrow: Quiver. Easily replacable if I am so inclined.

Less easily replacable will be my collection of vintage videogames (Karnov! Nooooo!) I have a lot of NES games and a number of them were found slightly damp on the carpet. I haven't tested them yet; I figure that if my heart is going to be broken by the loss of Shadow of the Ninja it should wait until the basement is clean and dry.

Oh, and the case for my Wonder Woman DVD got soaked. And I just bought that thing. Damn.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well that's just depressing. I hope it all dries out and is playable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home