Monday, March 09, 2009

Moving On

Well, this is the week. The week I officially get replaced.

I don't really know how to feel about this.

I suppose I should be happy to know that somebody is out there wreaking crazed vengeance on deserving sinners. The flaming sword thing just doesn't get the play it used to. Back in the 90's it seemed like everybody had a flaming sword. I had one and extendable flaming gauntlets...

But St. Dumas knows that sometimes I'm a bit weak. And I'll admit that I'm feeling some envy. I know that's not particuarly Christian, but I'd really like for it to be me out there doing the crazed vigilante thing. And you know it's crazed. They even use the word "crazed" in the solicitation.

I'm just going to have to accept that somebody else is getting my old job. I hope at the very least I get a mention. I had a hundred issues of vigilantism. The least they could do is mention me.

But more than anything I hope this helps the poor, lost soul who's taking on the mantle of "Azrael." I know it always gave me great comfort to break ribs and shatter skulls. I miss the good old days...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Hm.

Maybe you and Doctor Polaris should start a support group for those similarly situated....

Or maybe you should all come back as Black Lanterns and kill your replacements?

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Azrael said...

I would be okay with that.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I hadn't even thought about the whole Black Lantern thing...mainly I suppose, because I am sure that you're alive and just "resting".

But I suppose that it could be a viable solution.

(oh good grief. my verification word is "sallybo" How appropriate is that?)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Bah! Never will I deign to wear such a gaudy piece of jewlery as a "Black Lantern" ring. It would clash with my entire ensemble.

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Doctor, as great and powerful as your complete mastery of magnetism has made you, would you really want to wear the Star Sapphire uniform just to make sure that the ring matches? Couldn't you just take a Black Lantern ring and then magnetically change its colour to purple? Somehow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home