Monday, March 02, 2009

Lurking in the Shadows

Know this: from time to time I peer into the deep morass that is the world of comic book message boards. It do this for my own amusement. The petty squabbling of "fan-boys" serve to give me great joy.

The fools cannot see beyond their own ideas and concepts! They see conspiracies and deceit -- largely the work of a mysterious being called the "Didio" -- lurking around every corner. The fan-boys' paranoia amuses me to no end.

I also find myself amused by those who carry with them an air of entitlement. Fools! Comic book companies do not serve at your whim! They are entities designed for the maximization of profit. Any form of entertainment they produce is purely a byproduct. If you wish to possess an entity that bows to your every desire then build one the way Lex Luthor does. Or conquer a country. That worked for Black Adam.

My point is this: you are fools! I do not care if you feel that such-and-such a characters has been "slighted." Be it truth or falsehood your opinion will not matter without facts and figures to back it up. And thus far I have seen no proof that this "Didio" creature even exists...

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Third World Diplomat said...

Do you not see? DiDio is real.

There was a war... heaven cracked and broken...

DiDio is in you. He is in you all. ...fight...

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ohhhh...Doctor Polaris! I just love it when you start monologuing.

Rowr!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Doctor Polaris speaks the truth! All hail Doctor Polaris!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

... oops, I mean HALE.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That only worked if you were Weather Wizard, Sea.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! Oh, well. I tried. :-)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Hear, hear, Doc! Which character are they whining about now?

And what are you going to impale them on?

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Scipio: With the announcement of a new Batgirl series the masses are once again grumbling about "Cassandra Cain."

I will impale them on something sharp, likely made of metal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home