Saturday, March 07, 2009

Wonder Woman DVD

I picked up the Wonder Woman direct-to-DVD film today. Short review: I freakin' loved it.

Longer review: It was really, really good. It actually had everything you could possibly hope for from a Wonder Woman movie. There was fantastic action galore, super-heroics, and an invisible jet.

I'm not going to go into too much here because I don't want to ruin anything for anybody. There is so much good stuff in the move that it would be a shame if I gave away even one great scene here.

Basically it boils down to this: from a comic fan's standpoint this is probably the best adaptation of Wonder Woman that's ever been done. I do not understand why Warner Bros' animation division keeps hitting them out of the park but their feature film division can't seem to walk and chew gum at the same time...

Keep you eye out for an awesome guest star in the last few minutes of the film!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Waaaah! Now it's REALLY killing me that I haven't yet picked up this movie. :-(

-- Sea

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Well, you might not enjoy it as much as I did. I'm pretty forgiving of movies/comics/books with flaws. There are a couple of cringeworthy lines for example. But all in all I thought it was a worthy adaptation of Wonder Woman.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

I do not intend to forgive what they did to Etta Candy.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Etta's in it? I have GOT to get this.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Scipio: Nor should you. It was pretty awful what they did to her character. If they had to have a character like the "Etta Candy" in the movie they could have at least had the decency to give her another name...

Sally: I don't think anybody has really enjoyed this version of Etta Candy...

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Truly it was the ANTI-Etta Candy, the Earth 3 Etta Candy.

Dietta Cola, I suppose.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Ooh... "Dietta Cola." That is sinister, man.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Heh.

Yeah, I was actually proud of that one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home