Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Near Present

It seems that either I or my no-PhD-no-MD-doppelganger will be appearing in Justice Society of America.

Based on the garish colors, misuse of metallics, and truly atrocious hair, I can only assume that it is not I but rather that insipid MBA. I am truly disappointed to find that he survived his last encounter with the Blue Beetle.

I had hoped he might suffer some sort of debilitating injury or accident that would lead to his demise or abandonment of the moniker that is rightfully mine.

Still, I am not terribly concerned. As long as there is a Mister Polaris running around the stage is set for a classic comic cliffhanger. Consider:

The scene: a city street. A pathetic MBA does battle with the JSA. Without a medical degree is is outmatched by Doctor Mid-Nite. He is defeated. The Flash ties him up and the rest of the team prepares to retire to their mansion for "egg-creams." Someone says something intended to be witty such as "well, that ties up Doctor Polaris." To the team's surprise the foolish MBA is then crushed by two tons of steel.

Splash page: Doctor Polaris appears. "Fools!" he says. "I am Doctor Polaris!"

To be continued.


Wouldn't you rather read that?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

That would be EXCELLENT.

And very JSA-ey.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Yes, I would like to read that. Would you use Jay Garrick's helmet to smack the rest of the JSA in the face repeatedly?

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Jake said...

Although your undisputed power is undisputable, I find myself noticing the inclusion of Eclipso and Major Force. Does this mean that yet another aspect of Countdown has been retconned away?

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger The Blot said...

Make it happen!

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't suppose you're coming back as Black Lantern Doc? I mean it isn't like you need more powers or anything, but that seems most likely what with you having been blown into pieces and all...

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Doctor Polaris would never do anything so jejuene as come back as a Black Lantern. Lesser villains may do so, but Doctor Polaris has Verve.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Anyway he can't come back from the dead because he isn't dead. Think about it, we're regularly lectured by him on this very blog about how to improve our lives through magnetism. The dead can't blog!

I hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home