Friday, July 10, 2009

GL Cast?

Word on the street is that Ryan Reynolds will be playing Hal Jordan in the supposedly upcoming Green Lantern film (I say supposedly because I never believe a rumored movie will actually be made until I see pictures).

Anyway, what do you noted GL enthusiasts out there (and I know there are many who read this blog!) think about Ryan Reynolds as a choice? I hadn't heard him rumored before, but now it sort of makes sense. He's very good at the whole "slightly dimwitted, cocky, self-assured sonuvabitch" thing.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud when it comes to movies, because I don't even know who this guy IS! But in the picture,he seems quite studly, and oh what the heck.

Beats Justin Timberlake or Jack Black anyway.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

The real question is this: who will play the role of Doctor Polaris?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

The real question is, who does Doctor Polaris want to have portray him in the movie? What actor has the chops (not to mention the hair) to do him justice?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

The guy who plays Tony DiNozzo on NCIS would make a GREAT Doctor Polaris! He...he has nice hair.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Perhaps this is a question that should be put to the whole of the readership...

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I still would have preferred Nathan Fillion, but Ryan Reynolds is acceptable. Like you, though, I'll believe it when I see production photos.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

I think he's perfect.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Derek said...

I guess Reynolds could work as Hal if they're not doing a Corps movie.

You're right about the "slightly dimwitted, cocky, self-assured sonuvabitch" quality, but he just seems too young to be Hal. But like I said, he doesn't need to be older if it's a movie about Green Lantern and not the Green Lantern Corps.

It's a pity, though. I always thought Ryan Reynolds would be perfect for Wally West.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home