Monday, July 06, 2009

GLC #38

This may be obvious to the rest of you, but it took me a while to understand how momentous the events of last week's Green Lantern Corps #38 really were.

Consider what happened at the climax of the issue: the Alpha Lanterns, under the leadership of the Guardians (and specifically Scar), execute all but a handful of the most dangerous, viscious scum in the universe.

You really think that's an accident? Does anyone believe that Alexander Nero and that mess of Sinestro Corps members are going to stay dead?

It's pretty obvious that nigh-omnipotent power (such as the Guardians have) doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with good judgment.

Mark my words: every villain killed in that issue is coming back with a vengeance. The Guardians are going to wish they'd stayed dead...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Will said...

I hadn't even thought about the dead rising ('cause I'm dumbing). I still maintain that Kyle's fortitude was the high point of the issue. So goood.

Green Lantern on Wednesday!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Yeah, I noticed the issue about the dying villains as well. They're certainly coming back to bit the Alpha Lantern's ass.

Oh, and something is coming for the Guardians as well. They're becoming facist as we speak.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I still can't quite put my finger exactly on the moment when the Scarred Guardian actually completely took over, but apparently she has. The other Guardians certainly aren't doing anything to put a halt to her reign of terror, in fact, they are busy bickering amongst themselves.

Stupid Guardians.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that you are right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home