Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Detective

Batwoman in Detective Comics kicks off tomorrow. I for one am ridiculously excited.

I am a great admirer of Greg Rucka's work, especially when he's let loose to do whatever the hell he feels like. He's had that freedom with Action Comics so far, and if you read the recent annual and don't agree that he's doing something amazing with a couple of nobody characters, well... You have my sympathy.

I get the feeling that Detective is more or less the same deal. I don't think there are really many restrictions on what Rucka's going to be doing. Kathy Kane and Rene Montoya are more or less Rucka's characters. And I have no doubt that he'll manage to tell a heck of a story with them.

What do you think?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

It'll be great. I adore Renee and Greg Rucka is such a good writer.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Will said...

I was pretty jaded on 52 Aftermath Crime Bible and Final Crisis Revelations but Action and is so good and I love Renee something fierce in such a way that I cannot wait.

Although my co-blogger pointed out to me how ridiculously femme all DC women (except Amanda Waller) are. Couldn't Renee be a little butch?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Yes, VERY much looking forward to Batwoman in Tec.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Couldn't Renee be a little butch?

Well, she has finally cut her hair...

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

I think Renee has that stylish butch thing going on. She wears trousers and vests and has that hat. Plus there's no way she'd be in heels. She's totally butch.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I wasn't really that interested, but you have piqued my curiosity, so it is off to the Comic Book Shoppe, I go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home