Monday, January 11, 2010

Brightest Day

Brightest Day, huh? Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

That's not to say it won't be an interesting story. But I was really kind of hoping that the post-Blackest Night world would give us a break from crossovers. Brightest Day doesn't sound like a break: it sounds like a continuation.

I'm not really looking forward to another weekly (or bi-weekly as it may be) series. As much as I've enjoyed stuff like 52 and Trinity in the past, I just can't afford a weekly (or bi-weekly) commitment these days.

All that said, I am looking forward to Blackest Night wrapping up. The DCU could really use some daylight...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I've rather enjoyed the weekly, or in this case, bi-weekly comics. I loved 52, and I liked Trinity and Wednesday comics. Countdown was fairly wretched, but even it had a few good moments.

I'm just hoping that things calm down a little bit, with Brightest Day. It's been SO dark and SO grim and gritty for SO long...I wouldn't mind a little bit of light and humor to leaven it all.

Did you hear that they are doing a second bi-weekly book with Giffen and Winick and the old JLI? I don't know if I should be thrilled or terrified.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home