Monday, January 04, 2010

The Year to Come

Ah, the first Monday after New Year's. That makes today the day that most people have to go back to work. Luckily I'm a graduate student and as such still have two weeks before classes start. Feel free to hate me.

Anyway: comics! I haven't done any of those crazy lists that people usually have done by this time of year. That sort of thing usually hits on the 31st or the 1st. As you know, I was M. I. A. at the time. But hey, it's only the 4th. So here are some of the things I'm looking forward to in the coming year:

1. The Post-Blackest Night Status Quo

I'm really intrigued by what could be coming up after Blackest Night. As I said in my previous post, it's going to change a long of the stuff in the DCU. I'm not sure what will happen, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy whatever it is.

2. The Return of Superman

Superman will finally be returning to his own books later this year. I for one am glad to see it happening. I've enjoyed some of what's gone on in the New Krypton story, but I'll be very glad to see Superman back in his rightful place again.

3. The Return of Batman

Yeah, I said Batman and not Bruce Wayne. Dick Grayson may be wearing the cowl but he is not Batman. He never can be, at least not for me. I don't understand why anyone would want to see him keep the position. It just doesn't work for me. Dick Grayson just doesn't have the gravitas that Batman needs.

4. The Flash

I'm very excited about Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul's new Flash series. With the delays on Flash: Rebirth and the cancellation of Wally's title I haven't felt like I've been getting my Flash fix. That will soon change.

5. Doctor Polaris!

Laugh if you will, but I really do think that Geoff Johns is going to get around to bringing back and revamping the original Doctor Polaris. It just can't be a coincidence Johns killed off his replacement in Blackest Night.

What are you all looking forward to in the coming year?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

These are all excellent things to look forward to.

I also am looking forward to the eventual Guardian's well-deserved comeuppance. Man, those little blue guys annoy the heck out of me! Well...except for Ganthet, he's ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home